The meeting was called to order at 4:10PM by President Greg Taylor at the Cemetery office.
Also in attendance were Trustees, Bill Morris, Greg Taylor, Lisa Hammond and Lynda Edmonds, Manager Logan Marlow, Office Manager Rosa Stehly, Jamie Alamillo from Alamillo Landscape and Manuel Minjares from Supervisor Long’s office.
PUBLIC COMMENT – None
MANAGER’S REPORT – Logan reported he and Ray would like to look into material for shoring up the graves with the coming rainy season making the ground saturated and unstable. He also stated we need an increase in gopher management and that the cemetery pickup which was donated to us may need to be replaced. He also stated there has been 3 people looking for part time work.
LANDSCAPE REPORT – Jamie reported they would be cutting the grass a little shorter, applying winter fertilizer and seed. He also stated there are areas that need to be leveled and they will work on this.
MINUTES – The minutes of the previous regular meeting of September 18, 2023 and the Emergency Meeting of October 31, 2023 had been mailed to the Board and posted on the website. Bill moved the minutes be approved, Lisa made the second and the motion passed.
FINANCIAL STATEMENT – was received and reviewed. Bill moved the Financial Statement be filed, Greg made the second and the motion passed.
- Signage – Greg talked to the sign guy about signs for watering and flowers and Logan feels 3 will be sufficient.
- Wall repair – Greg reported he has been working with the neighbor on the drainage problem into the cemetery and this has been taken care of and maintenance needs to be kept up.
- Containers – Greg has been in contact with a company moving containers in Santa Clarita. Logan mentioned the electrical will also have to be redone.
- Update on September 8th incident – Logan and Rosa reported a letter had been received from an attorney and has been turned over to our insurance company.
- Marking Sections and rows on curbs – Lynda said she would like to see us follow through on this as Lani had wanted to see this done. Lisa said the Rotary Club might be interested in doing this as they had mentioned doing some community service for the cemetery. She will follow-up with them.
- Road Maintenance – This needs to be done due to the tree roots uprooting the roadways and will be addressed in the near future.
OTHER – Rosa reported on the County Workshop for cemeteries in Simi that she, Lani, Greg, Ray and Lynda attended on September 20th. There was a discussion of joining the California Special Districts Association in addition to the Public Cemeteries Association where we are already a member. There are benefits of both and it was the consensus of the Board that we should join the Special Districts Association also.
Lisa reported she had picked up a new PA system that does not require a generator. This will be available for use at services in addition to usage on Memorial Day.
EXECUTIVE SESSION – There was a brief executive session of board members to discuss Personnel and Christmas.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 5:15 Pm until January 5, 2024.
Lynda Edmonds, Secretary