The meeting was called to order by President Lani Farr at 4:15 PM at the Cemetery office.
Also in attendance were Trustees, Bill Morris, Lynda Edmonds and Greg Taylor, Manager, Logan Marlow and Jamie Alamillo from Alamillo Landscape.
PUBLIC COMMENT – None
MANAGER’S REPORT – Logan said the supplies are being ordered delivered from Amazon. He stated there was a Yellowjacket hive underground and people have been complaining. How to treat was discussed.
LANDSCAPE REPORT – Jamie reported they were cutting headstones as fast as possible. The grass is growing fast with watering and fertilizing.
MINUTES – The minutes of the previous meeting of July 17, 2023 were emailed to the Board and posted on the website. Bill moved the minutes be accepted, Greg made the second and motion passed.
FINANCIAL REPORT – received and reviewed. Bill moved the Financial Statement be filed. Greg made the second and motion passed.
- Signage – Greg talked to the sign guy about signs for watering and flowers and will follow up when he returns from vacation.
- Wall repair – Greg is still working with the neighbor regarding the flooding from his property.
- Containers – Greg has a lead on some used containers. A small unit would be sufficient for the old records.
- County workshop – Lani reported the County Workshop for Public Cemeteries is this Wednesday, September 20th from 9-1 in Simi with the other county public cemeteries and lunch will be served.
- Lani reported on a fall at the cemetery on September 8th. She and Logan have both written reports.
- Lani suggested to mark sections and rows on curbs to make it easier for people to find graves. No action taken.
OTHER – Bill suggested we set a long term goal of 5 years to build a reserve to redo water lines and repair roads.
EXECUTIVE SESSION – There was a discussion of hiring someone part time at $20 an hour to help with trimming headstones and other cemetery maintenance. It was the unanimous decision of the Board that this be done.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 5:31PM until November 13, 2023, one week early due to Thanksgiving.
Lynda Edmonds, Secretary