The meeting was called to order at 4:02 by President Lani Farr. Also in attendance were Trustees Lisa Hammond, Bill Morris, Greg Taylor and Lynda Edmonds. Also present were Manager, Doug Basolo, Jamie Alamillo from Alamillo Landscape, Manuel Minjares from Supervisor Long’s office and Marjie Bartels from the Public.
PUBLIC COMMENT – None
MANAGER’S REPORT – Doug reported that the leak in the Cienega water line that runs through the cemetery has finally been repaired, the front lot has been cleaned and the office is completed. He also has a meeting with a representative regarding addition to the Columbarium as the present one is almost sold out.
LANDSCAPE REPORT – Jamie reported everything will be ready for Memorial Day. He will put some color on top of the Columbarium and will have his employees put in extra hours to get everything completed. He also need we need to look at trimming the palm trees again.
MINUTES – Bill moved to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of March 21st and the Special Meeting of April 7th as presented. Lisa made the 2nd and the motion passed.
FINANCIAL STATEMENT – It was reported the recent Financial had not been received. Doug put in a phone call to Steve who thought he had sent them but will send again shortly.
1. OFFICE – The office has now been painted and the awning up and there have been many compliments.
2. MEMORIAL DAY – Everything seems to be ready except Doug reported there will be no doves this year due to none being available.
3. FENCE – Greg reported he has been in contact with the people who painted the office and they have given us a price to paint the fence of $3,600.
Bill suggested we wait until we receive the financials before we make a decision.
4. RESTROOMS – Bill brought up the possibility of a Grant that might be available to pay for new restrooms. Manuel Minjares said he will look into it for
At this point in the meeting a couple arrived asking to make a statement to the Board. Bill made a motion to re-open Public Comment, Lisa made the 2nd and they were allowed to address the board. They were very concerned when they had come to put flowers on the grave of their loved one that dirt was all over and they could not see the headstone. They were thanked for their concern and due to them being upset Jamie left the meeting to go with them to take care of the problem. It was determined this was due to gophers, he cleaned the headstone and found the flower cup for them.
5. ROAD REPAIR – Jamie said this would be taken care of before Memorial Day.
1. GOPHERS – Lani reported on the change to 101 Gophers which appears to be a very positive change.
2. TENT COVER – Lynda asked about a cover for the new tent which had been discussed before purchase. Doug reported the way its was constructed it is
almost impossible to cover with a tarp. The company that put up the awning office said it needed to be washed off every 3 months or so because of the
accumulation of dust. This will also be done with the tent.
3. WEEDEATER – Lani had picked up a couple of small seedeaters with the idea of people using them if they wanted to clean off around their loved ones
headstone. After discussion it was decided this would be a liability and they would be kept for extras.
OTHER – Lynda reported she had contacted auditors for property tax assessments and our regular auditors and had not yet heard back from either of them.
The Financials have now been received and reviewed and Bill made the motion to go ahead with the fence. Lani made the 2nd and the motion passed.
The regular meeting was adjourned at 5:27 and the Board went into Executive Session.
EXECUTIVE – Forms for the Controller’s Office of the County needed to be re-signed by all Board members. All present signed & initialed on their
respective lines and the meeting was adjourned at 5:40PM.
Lynda Edmonds, Secretary