The meeting was called to order by President Lani Farr at 4:02PM at the Cemetery.
President were Trustees Lani Farr, Lisa Hammond, Lynda Edmonds, Bill Morris and Greg Taylor. Also present were Manager, Doug Basolo, Assistant Manager, Logan Marlow, Jamie Alamillo from Alamillo Landscape and Marjie Bartels Public Attendee.
PUBLIC COMMENT – Marjie Bartels expressed concern the Board does not always have the Financials by the Board meeting. The Board stated they might not be printed by the meeting but we always get them. There was also a discussion regarding the property tax assessment and Bill suggested we might want to audit the County on this to make sure we are receiving all the funds due us. He will check into the procedure for this.
MANAGER’S REPORT – Doug reported with the recent rains some of the new graves had sunk slightly and they are working to get them back in shape.
LANDSCAPE REPORT – Jamie reported the winter fertilizer is down and the trees havc been trimmed. The palm trees would be next to trim.
MINUTES – The minutes of the previous meeting of November 15, 2021 had been emailed to the Board and posted on the website. Lani moved these minutes be approved as presented. Bill made the 2nd and the motion passed.
FINANCIAL REPORT – All board members having received & reviewed a copy of the Financial Report, Bill moved to accept the report for filing. Lisa made the 2nd and the motion passed.
- Audit – Lynda reported Steve had signed the contract for the Audit and to date has not heard back from them.
2. Office – Inside is complete. We need blinds for the 3 windows and a new door and screen door. We are waiting on a price from Mike’s Handyman.
We also need a new safe. Lani had seen one at Costco that she will check on and Lynda will go back to Harbor Freight to look at that one again.
3. Fence – Greg is still working on it with the original fence contractor.
4. Memorial Bricks – still need to determine where they would be and tabled for now.
5. Form 700 & Ethics Training – Lynda reported the County had advised her all board members need to complete their Form 700 and three still need to
complete the Ethics Training. Form 700 is yearly and Ethics is every 2 years.
- Restroom – Lynda reported Steve McFadden had recommended we look into getting the restroom fixed. Cost of the portables versus construction
- Parcel Tax – Bill suggested we do an audit with the County before we try to put an increase on the $5 per parcel on the ballot.
OTHER – None
EXECUTIVE SESSION – None
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned until the next regular meeting on March 21, 2022.
Lynda Edmonds, Secretary